4. Release Notes¶
4.1.1. Bug fixes¶
- Fix issue with compressing empty log
- Fix issue with db being closed by wrong thread
- Fix issue with buildbot_worker not closing file handles when using the transfer steps
- Fix issue with buildbot requesting too many permissions from GitHub's OAuth
jsonas keyword argument.
OpenStackLatentWorkerto use keystoneauth1 so it will support latest python-novaclient packages.
RpmLintstep in steps plugins.
4.1.2. Core Features¶
- Experimental support for Python 3.5 and 3.6. Note that complete support depends on fixes to be released in Twisted 17.2.0.
- New experimental Secret Management framework, which allows to securely declare secrets, reusable in your steps.
- New Writing Dashboards with Flask or Bottle plugin, which allows to write custom dashboard with traditional server side web frameworks.
EnableSchedulerEndpointMatcherfor better configurability of the access control. If you have access control to your Buildbot, it is recommended you add
AnyControlEndpointMatcherat the end of your access control configuration.
- Schedulers can now be toggled on and off from the UI. Useful for temporarily disabling periodic timers.
4.1.3. Components Features¶
FileUploadnow supports setting the url title text that is visible in the web UI.
FileUploadnow supports custom description and descriptionDone text.
EC2LatentWorkernow provides instance id as the instance property enabling use of the AWS toolkit.
- Add GitHub pull request Poller to list of available changesources.
OAuth2LoginResourcenow supports the token URL parameter. If a user wants to authenticate through OAuth2 with a pre- generated token (such as the access_token provided by GitHub) it can be passed to /auth/login as the token URL parameter and the user will be authenticated to buildbot with those credentials.
- New reporter
GitHubCommentPushcan comment on GitHub PRs
GitPollernow supports polling tags in a git repository.
MultipleFilUploadnow supports the glob parameter. If glob is set to True all workersrcs parameters will be run through glob and the result will be uploaded to masterdest
OpenStackLatentWorkerto default to v2 of the Nova API. The novaclient package has had a deprecation warning about v1.1 and would use v2 anyway.
4.2.2. Bug fixes¶
- Like for
buildbot upgrade-masterwill now erase an old pidfile if the process is not live anymore instead of just failing.
- Change properties 'value' changed from String(1024) to Text. Requires upgrade master. (bug #3197)
- When using REST API, it is now possible to filter and sort in descending order at the same time.
- Fix issue with
datetime is not JSON serializableerror.
- Fix issue with log viewer not properly rendering color codes.
- Fixed log viewer selection and copy-paste for Firefox (bug #3662).
- Fix issue with
DelayedCalledalready called, and worker missing notification email never received.
change_sourceare now properly taking configuration change in account with
setuptoolsis now explicitly marked as required. The dependency was previously implicit.
requestsif available and will default to HTTP if a bogus SSL implementation is found. It will also correctly send information about the platform type.
Buildbot now uses JWT to store its web UI Sessions. Sessions now persist upon buildbot restart. Sessions are shared between masters. Session expiration time is configurable with
Builders page has been optimized and can now be displayed with 4 http requests whatever is the builder count (previously, there was one http request per builder).
Builder and Worker page build list now have the
numbuilds=option which allows to show more builds.
Masters page now shows more information about a master (workers, builds, activity timer)
Workers page improvements:
- Shows which master the worker is connected to.
- Shows correctly the list of builders that this master is configured on (not the list of
buildermasterwhich nobody cares about).
- Shows list of builds per worker similar to the builders page.
- New worker details page displays the list of builds built by this worker using database optimized query.
4.2.4. Deprecations and Removals¶
- Some deprecated broken Contrib Scripts were removed.
buildbot.www.hooks.googlecodehas been removed, since the Google Code service has been shut down.
buildbot.util.jsonhas been deprecated in favor of the standard library
simplejsonwill not be used anymore if found in the virtualenv.
4.3.1. Bug fixes¶
ep should start with /assertion error.
- Fix duplicate worker use case, where a worker with the same name would make the other worker also disconnect (bug #3656)
buildPushesWithNoCommitsnow rebuilds for a known branch that was updated to an existing commit.
- Fix issue with log viewer not staying at bottom of the log when loading log lines.
- Fixed addBuildURLs in
Triggerto use results from triggered builds to include in the URL name exposed by API.
- Fix Wamp
mqsupport by removing
mqconfig, which is not available in latest version of Python Autobahn. You can now use
- fix issue with factory.workdir AttributeError are not properly reported.
- Optimize the memory consumption of the log compression process. Buildbot do not load the whole log into memory anymore. This should improve a lot buildbot memory footprint.
- Changed the build page so that the preview of the logs are shown in live. It is a preview means the last lines of log. How many lines is configurable per user in the user settings page.
- Log viewer line numbers are no longer selectable, so that it is easier to copy paste.
DockerLatentWorkeraccepts now renderable Dockerfile
- Renderer function can now return
SetPropertieswhich allows to generate and transform properties separately.
- Handle new workers in windows_service.py script.
- Sort the builders in the waterfall view by name instead of ID.
4.4.1. Bug fixes¶
GitHubAuthto retrieve all organizations instead of only those publicly available.
- Fixed ref to point to branch instead of commit sha in
maybeColorizeis able to highlight single words and stop colorization at the end. The previous implementation only stopped colorization but not boldface.
- fix compatibility issue with mysql5 (do not set default value for TEXT column).
- Fixed addChange in
Changeto use the revlink configuration option to generate the revlink.
- fix threading issue in
GerritEventLogPollerpoller to poll Gerrit changes via http API.
GerritVerifyStatusPushcan send multiple review status for the same Gerrit change.
IRCappends the builder URL to a successful/failed build if available
useSmtpsparameter for initiating connection over an SSL/TLS encrypted connection (SMTPS)
- New support for
Mesosand Marathon via
Marathonis a production-grade container orchestration platform for Mesosphere's Data- center Operating System (DC/OS) and Apache
HyperLatentWorker, can be None. In that case, they will be auto-generated from random number.
verboseparameters to control the JSON sent to Stash.
- Buildbot can now be configured to deny read access to REST api resources based on authorization rules.
5. Older Release Notes¶
- 5.1. Release Notes for Buildbot
- 5.2. Release Notes for Buildbot
- 5.3. Release Notes for Buildbot
- 5.4. Release Notes for Buildbot
- 5.5. Release Notes for Buildbot
- 5.6. Release Notes for Buildbot
- 5.7. Release Notes for Buildbot 0.9.0b9
- 5.8. Release Notes for Buildbot 0.9.0b8
- 5.9. Release Notes for Buildbot 0.9.0b7
- 5.10. Release Notes for Buildbot 0.9.0b6
- 5.11. Release Notes for Buildbot 0.9.0b5
- 5.12. Release Notes for Buildbot 0.9.0b4
- 5.13. Release Notes for Buildbot 0.9.0b3
- 5.14. Release Notes for Buildbot 0.9.0b2
- 5.15. Release Notes for Buildbot 0.9.0b1
- 5.16. Release Notes for Buildbot 0.8.11
- 5.17. Release Notes for Buildbot 0.8.10
- 5.18. Release Notes for Buildbot 0.8.9
- 5.19. Release Notes for Buildbot v0.8.8
- 5.20. Release Notes for Buildbot v0.8.7
- 5.21. Release Notes for Buildbot v0.8.6p1
Note that Buildbot-0.8.11 was never released.