5.7. Release Notes for Buildbot 0.9.0b9¶
The following are the release notes for Buildbot 0.9.0b9 This version was released on May 10, 2016.
See Upgrading to Nine for a guide to upgrading from 0.8.x to 0.9.x
GitLabStatusPushto report builds results to GitLab.
buildbot stopnow waits for complete buildmaster stop by default.
buildbot stopwhich allows not to wait for complete master shutdown.
- Builder page is now sorted by builder name
- LogViewer page now supports ANSI color codes, and is displayed white on black.
220.127.116.11. Changes for Developers¶
- Speed improvements for integration tests by use of SynchronousTestCase, and in-memory sqlite.
- Buildbot now requires import to be sorted using isort.
make isortbefore creating a PR or use any available editor plugin in order to reorder your imports.
- OpenStackLatentWorker uses the novaclient API correctly now.
MsBuild12steps work again (bug #2878).
- Scheduler changes are now identified by serviceid instead of objectid (bug #3532)
- Make groups optional in LdapUserInfo (bug #3511)
- Buildbot nine do not write pickles anymore in the master directory
- Fix build page to not display build urls, but rather directly the build-summary, which already contain the URL.
- UI Automatically reconnect on disconnection from the websocket. (bug #3462)
18.104.22.168. Deprecations, Removals, and Non-Compatible Changes¶
- The buildmaster now requires at least Twisted-14.0.1.
- The web ui has upgrade its web components dependencies to latest versions. This can impact web-ui plugin.
- Web server does not provide /png and /redirect anymore (bug #3357). This functionality is used to implement build status images. This should be easy to implement if you need it. One could port the old image generation code, or implement a redirection to http://shields.io/.
- Support of worker-side
usePTYwas removed from
usePTYargument was removed from
- html is no longer permitted in 'label' attributes of forcescheduler parameters.
buildbot-workerpackage, instead of
- Collapse Request Functions now takes master as first argument. The previous callable contained too few data in order to be really usable. As collapseRequests has never been released outside of beta, backward compatibility with previous release has not been implemented.
- This is the last version of buildbot nine which supports python 2.6 for the master. Next version will drop python 2.6 support.
buildbot-workerscript now outputs message to terminal.
- Windows helper script now called
buildbot_worker.bat, notice underscore), so that
buildbot-workercommand can be used in virtualenv both on Windows and POSIX systems.
22.214.171.124. Changes for Developers¶
SLAVEPASSenvironment variable is not removed in default-generated
buildbot.tac. Environment variables are cleared in places where they are used (e.g. in Docker Latent Worker contrib scripts).
- Master-part handling has been removed from
buildbot-workerlog watcher (bug #3482).
WorkerDetectedErrorexception type has been removed.
For a more detailed description of the changes made in this version, see the git log itself:
git log v0.9.0b8..v0.9.0b9