P4 build step creates a Perforce client specification and performs an update.
- A view into the Perforce depot without branch name or trailing "...".
- A branch name to append on build requests if none is specified.
- (optional): the host:port string describing how to get to the P4 Depot
(repository), used as the -p argument for all p4 commands.
- (optional): the Perforce user, used as the -u argument to all p4
- (optional): the Perforce password, used as the -p argument to all p4
- (optional): a list of (depotpath, clientpath) tuples containing extra
views to be mapped into the client specification. Both will have
"/..." appended automatically. The client name and source directory
will be prepended to the client path.
- (optional): The name of the client to use. In mode='copy' and
mode='update', it's particularly important that a unique name is used
for each checkout directory to avoid incorrect synchronization. For
this reason, Python percent substitution will be performed on this value
to replace %(slave)s with the slave name and %(builder)s with the
builder name. The default is "buildbot_%(slave)s_%(build)s".